I am so excited that spring has finally sprung. The sunny days and beautiful weather make it so much easier to enjoy the day. Now that we are into another season, it is a great time to prepare for the summer and make a few changes. Also, we have developed a wonderful new skin treatment to help battle against acne, so be sure to check that out!.
As I have mentioned before, doing a little "clean up" can do wonders for your liver, as well as your skin. Sometimes it can take a little time to get started, but in the end your skin will thank you. Whether you have a specific program in mind, or are simply trying to remove things like sugar, processed foods or wheat from your diet, here are some tips to help get you started.
1. Get your food sensitivities tested - before you start a diet change, find out what you body doesn't like. This is a relatively easy test, done right in the clinic, and checks your body for sensitivities to over 100 different foods. It shows which foods your body is having an inflammatory reaction too which can contribute to problem skin. It's also a great way to revamp your diet.
2. Choose the right time - pick a time when you know you will be successful! If you are going to be traveling or pulling extra long hours at the office, it might not be the right time to do a major overhaul. Instead, try to pick a time where your schedule is fairly consistent or prioritize and commit some time to doing it right.
3. Incorporate exercise - in addition to changing what you eat, working up a light sweat is going to help eliminate toxins from your body. Bonus factors: exercise helps to stimulate weight loss and improve your mood. Work light exercise into your routine for added benefits. Just be careful not to overdo it, and make sure to cleanse your face when you are done.
4. Stock your fridge - remove all of the junk so you won't be tempted to cheat. Fill your fridge with lots of fruits, vegetables and whole grains to ensure you are eating clean.
5. Reduce toxins - clean your body on the inside and out. Take a look at your personal care products and household cleaners and try to cut back where you can or switch to a less toxic brand. Some of my favourite household cleaning brands are the Method cleaning products found at Canadian Tire, or just regular old vinegar and water works wonders around the house.
6. Try the Eminence "Blueberry Detox Firming Peel" - this is something we add into our treatments to really help exfoliate the skin and give the pores a deep clean. It contains lactic acid that helps to get rid of the dead skin cells, as well as raspberry and blackberry juice to nourish the skin.